Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22

Unbelievably, no requests for money for two days straight! I think I heard that the main school fund raiser will start this week, though...we'll see.

In case you were worried, the $80 lunch card was NOT lost. The teachers keep them, not the students. BUT, since AD (my son) has a loose tooth, he has decided that he cannot eat the school lunches, and he wants me to pack his lunch every day. I knew I should have just put $10 on that card. Live and learn. Good news is that he seems very happy and comfortable with first grade.

I was interested to read a Canadian blog entry today on the topic of how expensive public school can be. They pay a pretty hefty monthly sum to ride the school buses. So I am counting my blessings this evening!

http://canajunfinances.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-thought-public-school-was-free.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So to be fair the bus fares are because my children go to schools far away, but the public board in Ottawa does not bus High School kids as a rule, but it is a royal pain in the rear.

-c8j