Friday, September 7, 2007

September 7

Today, I sent in a required background check to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, which cost $9. If I ever want to attend class field trips or work with the students, I have to have this criminal background check...no choice...must pay. Hey, it's not much money, though, right? Last year it was only $5, but the price has increased.

AD has bought his lunch a couple of times this week, so maybe we will get through that $80 lunch card before the end of the year!

To be fair, I must mention that a note came home yesterday about "Donuts with Dad." I was thinking, "Oh, boy - fodder for my blog!" But you know what? It is free. Isn't that nice? Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend.

Today's backpack was FULL of papers! One flyer was pretty much a repeat of Wentzville Parks and Rec classes with some additions: a $52 opportunity for a Grandparents party and a $15 beading class.

There also was a note about the Greentree Buzz Book. This is our student directory. In the past it has been no big deal. They are making it bigger and better now, which will be great. With that, though, comes the opportunity to advertise or pay $ to send a message to your student. Maybe I should advertise my lighting design business: LJRdesign. Or not. I think I'll list this expense as a rejected fund raiser.

No comments: