Thursday, May 22, 2008

Into the Home Stretch...

We are just about ready to find out our grand total for an entire school year. I have done my best to keep track of every request for $, as well as every penny I have actually donated or spent. Here are the latest:


$20 more for lunch money to get us through the rest of the year. AD is taking his lunch about 3/5 of the time, and I never did account for the cost of a home-packed lunch. I guess I would have to make him lunch even if he were not at school, so the lunch money column is only for school lunches.

$30 for basket raffle tickets. We did not win any of the baskets. Bummer. We were hoping for the Wii basket. Or the Birthday Party basket. Or, of course, the Need for Speed basket that I had helped put together.

$5 for Spring Carnival tickets. This event is where the baskets were actually raffled. The carnival tickets covered games, food and inflatable rides.

"Good" News: since we had several snow days this past winter, our school year was lengthened to May 30. This allows us to add one more Market Day pick up to our schedule! Aren't you excited?! I'll add another $75 to the 'Free Public Education Expenses' spreadsheet for that - in the 'rejected' column. (At the $75 order level, customers will be entered into an incentive prize drawing.)

Also, parents are being strongly encouraged to order the "Ready, Set, Summer!" family curriculum package for $19. Note home from the principal even kind of implies that your student will fall behind, plus miss out on a recognition ceremony next fall if they do not participate. Manipulative! Hmmm. Not sure what we'll do. I'm not even sure which grade level to order if we do it. Our student consistently performs above grade level, so I don't think the suggested materials would be right for him anyway.

Hangin' in there for one more week...

No comments: