Monday, September 15, 2008

Left Turn...Kindergarten!

I've missed blogging this year, but I didn't have a topic. I said what I needed to say about Free Public Education, right?
Well, now I have a second kiddo in school - in kindergarten. If I didn't dread everything about home schooling, I would home school this guy. He is seriously bright. Gifted, I think. I've spent the past hour scouring the internet for clues and suggestions about how to educate him and his brother.
We are one month into the little guy's 13-year public education, and I fear we are losing him. He spends time at home in the mornings before school reading the cereal box or playing math games. Then he goes to school and "learns" shapes and colors. I've got nothing against the teacher or the school. They are doing what they have to do. I just have a special child. He is becoming less and less excited about going every day. If he decides now that he doesn't like school we're all in BIG trouble! It will be a long 12-13 years...
The problem is, after an hour of internet research I got nothing. Lots of philosophical babble, but nothing I can really and practically apply to his education in our district. HELP!

No comments: